Discover Suffolk in brand new ways at this interactive community event. Get involved with local organizations, network with fellow Suffolkians, and meet someone new by "checking out" a person at our Human Library.
- Saturday, January 27, 2018
- 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Adult Room (North Suffolk), Children's Area (North Suffolk), Lobby (North Suffolk)
- North Suffolk Library
Learn about and participate in volunteer opportunities. Teens can earn volunteer hours for school! The Genieve Shelter, House of Esther, Coalition Against Poverty in Suffolk, and the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia will be collecting donations. Donations can be dropped off at the library beginning January 18, 2018. Suggested donation items include canned food, non-perishable food items, body wash, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, loofahs, lotion, tooth brushes, tooth paste, perfume, mouth wash, floss, wash cloths, chapstick, hand sanitizer, men and women's razors, shaving cream, travel sized tooth paste and deodorant, socks, and towels.
Contribute to a community art display to represent city pride and individuality.
Bring the whole family to experience activities for all ages, participate in discussions and find out about volunteer opportunities. Whether you live, work, or play in Suffolk, you can discover our city in brand new ways at Engage Suffolk.
Volunteer Project Stations at Engage Suffolk (All materials provided):
- Make fringe scarves for those in need
- Random thoughts of kindness notes
- Greeting card making for teachers, first responders, the sick, and others who could use an uplifting message
- Placement decorating for soup kitchens and meal delivery services
Join up with the Engage Suffolk Facebook event page to invite your friends and get notifications on announcements and updates.